If you want to assure somebody in something, you need to understand the art of speech. Whether you just have an intention to convince people to attend a play produced by you or it is a sign of goodwill where you are trying to turn public attention on an ecology problem or you just a student who wants to be taken seriously during the time of a performance from a stage. In all these cases, speech plays an important role and the result of your public speaking will depend on your quality of speech.
What is a persuasive speech?
Persuasive speech is a process, during which an orator sends a message, with an intention to assure the audience or convince to do or to believe in something.
The main aim of the persuasive speech is to by influencing on opinions of people to convince them of the correctness of a particular point of view. Where any logical proof has a structure made from three interdependent elements: Thesis ( idea or statement must have evidence); Argument ( reasons and facts, with the help of which the thesis is justified); Demonstrations or kinds of a method ( thinking in a logic way, use to emphasize the thesis from the arguments). A thesis must be formed on strong facts and be unchangeable during all the speeches. Moreover, it mustn’t consist of logic contradictions. As evidence is important to use facts, statistical data, opinions, which was taken from authoritative sources, that suit as a good example. Speech can be persuasive in many cases, for instance in a court ( layer’s speech, who is trying to convince a judge in unguilty of his client), in the field of commercial activity ( that only this bargain and only now will be profitable), etc. In addition the most important role in speech play strength, tone, speed, gestures, and body language.
Voice is one of the important tools to influence your audience. Voice is characterized by strength, timbre, melodic quality and some other characteristics which give an opportunity to express a wide variety of feelings and moods. Approximately our hearing ability can give us the ability to distinguish 10 thousand different shades of the human voice. The power of the voice is very important for the speaker. If the speaker speaks softly, only the audience that near can hear the orator. The rest either stop following the speech or force themselves to listen, as a result of which they quickly get tired of the speech. An excessively loud voice has a bad influence too, especially a shouty one, which irritates listeners and quickly bores them. An important role in the perception of speech is played by the tone of the voice – its coloring, sound. Your voice will sound different depending on what mood you are talking in, what state you are in.
The pace of speech is the speed, speed with which the speaker speaks words, sentences and the whole text. Usually, the beginning of a speech is pronounced more slowly, since it establishes contact with listeners and sets them up to perceive the material.
What are easy persuasive speech topics
It is possible to speak about any topic, only an orator must understand well the topic he choose and of course it necessarily needs to be interesting for the listeners.
What to talking about?
You can show your knowledge and grammar to tell about some unique animals or inhabitants of the underwater world. Tell something about home pets and it will be a very successful oral performance, which will be told by “heart” itself. People also like to hear the stories about somebody, who was poor or not popular and when suddenly become reach and popular. Very interesting appear mysterious and curious stories. The orator can concoct thousands of interesting speeches for performance.
Try to perform with one of these topics and the attention of the public will be guaranteed for you.
- How many stars in the sky?
- Who is the most generous man in the world?
- Why Japan is an amazing country,
- How people produce drinking water.
Here some topics about The most.
- What is the lightest metal?
- The biggest banknote in the world,
- The smallest mammal in the world,
- The most expansive nuts in the world,
- The most popular dog in the world,
- The faster fish in the world,
- The faster animal in the world,
- The smallest dog in the world,
- The faster train in the world,
- The biggest cruise liner in the world,
- The wealthiest man in the world,
- The largest predator in the world,
- The biggest cat in the world,
- The biggest flower in the world,
- The biggest house built on water,
- The greatest records from the «Guinness Book»,
- The safest country in the world.
Here some other topics:
- Nature and human,
- Ecology and you,
- Does cloning have a future?
- Stray animals: what can we do with them?
- Why do we need parks and gardens?
- What is a civil right?
- What is a shame and does it useful for people?
- Is smoking healthful?
- What is patriotism?
- Do people need to do sport?
- Are any benefits to a hobby?
- Must be a freedom of speech or not?
- Is it necessary to use capital punishment?
- Does our future depend on our studying?
- Can humanity live without a weapon?
- Can we live without music?
- Do people need a lot of money?
- Will personal weapons protect you?
- Do we eat to live or do we live to eat?
- Is it profitable to work abroad?
- Is the TV a leader in the media world?
- Does the internet change the world?
- Is a smartphone just a toy?
- Do we need a home pet?
- Do students need personal cars?
- Are students happy during their studying?
- Can prison change a person of human?
- When is it better to start a family?
- Is it important to follow fashion?
- Is it important to teach religion in schools?
- Must army be only for professionals?
- Must or not studying in universities to be free?
- Do we need to fight with smocking?
- The most important thing when you choosing a profession?
- Events in the country,
- Abroad events,
- News about the cultural life of the city,
- Sports News,
- New in the world of literature,
- IT news,
- How to be an interesting conversation partner,
- Do we need to studying rhetoric?
- How to deal with a bad mood?
- What makes us attractive?
- The most happier period of my life,
- A case that helped me to understand myself,
- The most difficult period of my life,
- How did I lose an illusion,
- New achievements of science,
- What the add do with consumers and should it be transparent?
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- What place takes money in our life?
- What is happiness?
- Do I want to be a politician?
- What does it mean freedom to me?
- Family of career?
- My conscience and I.
- Is the internet an alternative to reality?
- The modern prose- what people read now?
- Role of a professional degree today?
- Living in a big city, advantages, and disadvantages,
- How to spend free time?
- How many languages modern people must know?
- Why do people need to explore space?
- Is it important to protect nature?
- My hobby,
- Can everybody be happy?
- My planet.
Easy persuasive speech topics for college students
Young professionals need to practice their speech skills which facilitate the ability of coherent expression of minds.
Here some topics of a persuasive speech for college students:
- Studying martial art is good for the mind and health,
- Sport has a good effect on us,
- Video games can be dangerous,
- Music can change our life,
- Studying abroad has a positive effect on a student,
- Science and religion are incompatible,
- We should spend money on space exploration,
- Video surveillance cameras provide us safety,
- It is better not to avoid tax system,
- We should protect rare animal species.
Easy persuasive speech topics for high school students
High school students can discuss many topics, here some example:
- Old friend better than two new,
- Does society need advertisement?
- Is a school uniform an important attribute?
- Why people make quarrels?
Easy persuasive speech topics for kids
Kids are the future of any nation, so they definitely should make a speech on the public. Here some topics suitable for young generation discussions.
- My favorite pet,
- Love at first glance,
- My unforgettable journey,
- What I don’t like,
- My family.
Easy persuasive speech ideas
Reasons that the orator pursuit is can variate and as a result, the performance becomes a complex system of oral art concert with the predicted outcome, of course, if the orator a professional enough. It is possible to discuss various topics in different styles. Below are types of speech on the public.
Reports are usually made on serious, scientific, industrial, and political topics. Reports can last from 10-15 minutes to two to three hours ( for example, government reports).
In a statement, each post is dedicated to a particular aspect of a problem. Messages are prepared in advance, they need to be thought out.
Presentation is showing a new product, presenting a new fashion collection or movie to the General public; the same for a new computer program before starting its sales; advertising, popularizing action.
Lectures are used in the educational environment — at school, at University, popular science lectures on various topics are read to a wide range of listeners. Individual questions (points) must be highlighted in the lecture. Lectures usually last from 20-30 minutes to an hour and a half (a University lecture).
The conversation may include quite long sections of the speaker’s speech (monologues), but it involves obligatory asking questions to the audience, listening, analyzing and commenting on their answers. The conversation is used in public speech when the audience is small – no more than 30 people when the listeners are interested in the information that they are informed.
How to start writing a persuasive speech? Experts’ recommendations
Formulate sentences concisely and clearly, avoid piling up complex speech patterns. Do not write a speech in an hour, identify a topic and give yourself a few days to think about problems and questions, discuss the topic with your friends. The speech should inform, entertain and encourage action. If you do not entertain, then you do not satisfy one of the main needs of the audience – to be happy. Do not inform us? Do not prompt to action? Why then did you go out to speak?
Use the “hook” at the beginning of the performance – intrigue the audience, catch its attention. People are interested in learning an unusual fact about completely ordinary things. Show that the interests of the audience are related to the topic of speech.
The audience will listen to you only if it is convinced that what has been said is useful. Otherwise, you just speak for yourself. Ask yourself questions about the topic (which may appear in the audience). Write down the problems of people in the room that you can help solve by your speech and give the most thoughtful answer to each of the problems.
Be brief. Size matters – the more words in your message, the less it useful. The most valuable resource of people is time, the more you save it, the more valuable you, as a speaker. Pick up more literature, find out what authoritative people talked about and thought about, ask experts questions. If you haven’t access to experts, watch a video of their interview and quote their opinions.
Remember the citation rules! The excellent speech should be understandable even to a child. Don’t use specific terms in front of an unprepared audience. The speaker needs to gain the trust of the audience. The more incomprehensible your speech is, the less trust you will have, and therefore the less influence you will have on the people in the audience.
Talk about suitable examples from your life. They should describe the struggle for goals and victories. Create vivid images and pictures in the imagination of listeners, compare things and contrasts. Use metaphors, but avoid clichés (“start with a clean slate”, “a lot of water has flowed”, “ray of hope”, etc.). Make things and concepts that are unfamiliar to your audience clearer by linking them to familiar items and using simple examples to explain them.
You can repeat the main idea of the speech several times, but use different words to rephrase it. The visual part of the speech is very important. Add a good presentation to your speech and use visual examples. But remember that a presentation is an addition to the speaker, not the speaker to it. Add graphics to the story on the screen only when it is necessary to better convey the idea to the audience.
Any persuasive speech will work only if you have a good intention to influence people’s point of view and of course, there is no way without perfect preparation work. Hours of the hard job mean success.
The most popular and important questions about the persuasive speech
- Easy persuasive speech topics for college students
- Easy persuasive speech topics for high school students
- Easy persuasive speech topics for kids
What is the point of persuasive speech and writing?
Persuasive speech is a process, during which an orator sends a message, with the intention to assure the audience or convince to do or to believe in something.
The main aim of the persuasive speech is to by influencing on opinions of people to convince them of the correctness of a particular point of view.
What should I do my persuasive speech on?
Use the “hook” at the beginning of the performance – intrigue the audience, catch its attention. People are interested in learning an unusual fact about completely ordinary things. Show that the interests of the audience are related to the topic of speech. The audience will listen to you only if it is convinced that what has been said is useful.
What should you persuade someone about?
You should use the art of persuasive speech only with good intentions.
What are the writing principles of persuasive speech?
Formulate sentences concisely and clearly, avoid piling up complex speech patterns. Do not write a speech in an hour, identify a topic and give yourself a few days to think about problems and questions, discuss the topic with your friends. The speech should inform, entertain and encourage action. If you do not entertain, then you do not satisfy one of the main needs of the audience – to be happy.